T he history and roots of the Duhn Funeral Home date back to 1907 in Davis County, Iowa, when Clarence E. Wagler started a funeral home in Pulaski, Iowa. In 1916 his younger brother, Silvenus Clyde Wagler, joined him in his business. As that business expanded, S.C. took charge of the original business and C.E. moved to Milton, Iowa. In 1921, S.C. moved to Milton and C.E. moved to Bloomfield where a Wagler Funeral Home still exists today
In 1928 the partnership of C.E. and S.C. was dissolved and S.C. went west to settle in Elliott, Iowa. There he became associated with the Edward Hully Furniture and Undertaking Business. S.C. Wagler later expanded this business to the Griswold area just as C.E. Wagler expanded around Davis County. On June 14, 1930, the grand opening of the Wagler Funeral Home in Griswold was held in its present location.